Now that February has come to a close, I thought I’d start with a new type of regular post. I’ve seen other bloggers do a similar thing, where they give a review/summary of the month, so I thought it would be a nice idea to do the same. Let’s get started.
February has been a pretty great month for me personally. I’ve been able to continue posting regular content on my blog, which has been a goal of mine this year. Alongside this, I recently joined Rapid Reviews UK as a reviews writer, which has been really great so far and it’s such a cool opportunity. I have already published a couple of reviews there, with another on the way very soon. I’m proud that I’ve been able to juggle both of these commitments really well so far.
My Reviews for Rapid Reviews UK
For my blog, February has been my best month in terms of views. I was finally able to do my very own Game Awards style post after finishing a few more 2020 games I needed to finish. It probably came as no surprise who my big winner was, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, picking up 5 wins and 8 nominations. I really loved doing this type of post, so I definitely think I’ll do it again for 2021.
- Views – 806
- Visitors – 371
- Likes – 30
Posts Published in February:
- Honest Gamer Awards 2020: Introduction – This post gave a brief introduction to my Game Awards. It covered a list of all the games released in 2020 that I completed (a whopping 21) and a list of the categories I’d be judging them for.
- Honest Gamer Awards 2020 – This was my very first Honest Gamer Awards and it was an absolute blast to write. I was going to do a regular ‘Top 10’ list but this felt better, as I could shine a light on particular aspects of games that wouldn’t make it in that type of post.
- Revisiting Control in 2021 – This post was to gather my thoughts on replaying one of my favourite games from 2019. I was able to get the Control: Ultimate Edition via PS+ for free, which allowed me to finally experience the dlc which I didn’t get around to the first time. Such a great game that I highly recommend.
Posts by Other Bloggers I Really Enjoyed:
- Pokemon The Creator’s Catch: A Journey Through Johto – Krista over at LeeksPlays wrote this excellent, retrospective piece about the Generation II Pokemon games. It provides a look at their history and Krista’s thoughts on what makes them so special.
- Twilight Princess Dungeon Ranking – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is my favourite in the series, where its dungeons have always been a particular highlight….and Midna of course! McKenna wrote this great post that ranks all of the dungeons in the game. Give it a read.
- Mass Effect Thoughts – Belghast over at Tales of the Aggronaut, gives his thoughts about Mass Effect and news of the Legendary Edition.
- Games I’d Like To See Return To Modern Gaming – Stacey talks about some of the games/series that she would like make a comeback today. For me it has to be the TimeSplitters series.
Games I’ve Been Playing:
- The Elder Scrolls Online – I absolutely love this game and have sunk hundreds of hours into it. With the new chapter coming out in June, which will also add the highly anticipated companions system (perfect for mostly solo players like myself), I wanted to get back into the game after a pretty long break. I’m currently playing through the Greymoor chapter from last year at the moment.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – I was never able to play this game as I didn’t own a Wii U. I’ve been really enjoying it so far and it has such creative level design. I can understand why this was so highly praised.
- Bravely Default 2 – This was one of my most highly anticipated games of the year and it hasn’t let me down so far. I’m only about 10 hours in since it released a few days ago, but I am so hooked.
- The Pillar: Puzzle Escape – This is a solid puzzle game that takes heavy inspiration from The Witness.
- A Hero and a Garden – Another game I am reviewing for Rapid Reviews UK, this is an idle-clicker/visual novel that challenges the tropes of traditional fairy tales.
Thank you so much for reading and let me know what you think in the comments. I’m still working on what the best layout for this post is, so any feedback will be welcome. I have a number of posts and reviews planned for March, so I can’t wait to share them with you.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more gaming posts like this.
Follow me on Twitter